Passport to Portugal has been at the forefront in implementing the government legislation which was introduced to encourage foreign investment into the country.
Developed in October 2012, the available options to acquire a Golden Visa has grown considerably. PTP will be able to guide you through all the options to ensure the appropriate investment route is selected.
Investment options range from as little as €280.000 to €1.000.000 in various asset classes. PTP and partners assist in identying not only the appropriate investment option but guide all our clients through the selection, negotiation, due diligence and transactional process.
The residence permit is valid for a period of one year after issue and renewable for two subsequent periods of two years.
Family reunification is possible at any stage of the program.
The government approved investment options are:
Real estate Investment:
- €500.000 invested into Portuguese real estate. Investment can be made into any number of properties in any sector and can be rented.
- €350.000 investment into property which is at least 30 years old or designated for urban rehabilitation. Total investment inclusive of refurbishment costs.
* The real estate investments can all be reduced by 20% if invested in areas of low density and low GDP per capita.
Capital / corporate Investment:
- 1M capital investment into banks, Portuguese companies and/or stocks.
- €350.000 investment in Portuguese private equity funds or in venture capital funds.
- €350.000 invested into a new company with creation of 5 new jobs in Portugal.
- Creation of 10 new jobs in Portugal
Social / cultural investment:
- €350.000 investment into research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions.
- €250.000 investment into Portuguese arts or for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage via local and central authorities, public institutions etc.
Contact us now for full details on the available options and the considerations of each.